VirtualMini

Everything in the world !

glenroy tattoo parlour shooting may have targeted man previously s in head

glenroy tattoo parlour shooting may have targeted man previously s in head News Article With The full text news and with Resource Link at the bottom of the text and you can View this News Article in the source page.



glenroy tattoo parlour shooting may have targeted man previously s in head

a man s in the head last year may have again been targeted, with a tattoo parlour linked to him being peppered with bullets in a daylight shooting this week.

detectives are also investigating if the drive-by shooting at ink bound in glenroy in the city's north is connected with a shooting at the pbellfield plaza.

police at the scene of the shooting on the corner of wheatsheaf and glenroy roads.
police at the scene of the shooting on the corner of wheatsheaf and glenroy roads. p o: channel nine

the wheatsheaf road parlour was s up about 11.40am on tuesday. no one was injured.

company records show nabil maghnie is the director of the company that owns ink bound. the 40-year-old father, who says he no longer has any involvement with the business, was s in his head and chest last september.

detectives do not believe the drive-by shooting is linked to a feud between the comancheros and rebels bikie gangs.
detectives do not believe the drive-by shooting is linked to a feud between the comancheros and rebels bikie gangs. 

despite his injuries, he miraculously drove himself to hospital. after being discharged, he was arrested and charged with offences including affray relating to two brawls: one at a south melbourne brothel and another at crown casino.  

mr maghnie was granted bail in november by a supreme court judge who shared police concerns he was a risk of reoffending but found that of the four cases against him, two – the brothel brawl and separate firearm charges – were weak.

advertisement

the court heard in november that police were still investigating his september shooting. the charges against mr maghnie will be the subject of a  hearing next month.

fairfax media is not suggesting mr maghnie is involved in any criminal activity that led to the drive-by shooting at the tattoo parlour.

mr maghnie said he is no longer involved with the business, according to his lawyer, rob melasecca.

fairfax media is not discounting the possibility someone else connected with the parlour was the target.

it is understood detectives do not believe the drive-by shooting is linked to a feud between the comancheros and rebels bikie gangs. police had said on monday that the violent feud, which started after the bashing of the former comanchero boss, had dissipated since november.

but investigators will probe links to the shooting of omar tiba in the pbellfield plaza carpark on january 17.

a masked gunman got out of a car and s the 27-year-old three times in the leg and groin.

police said the exact circumstances surrounding tuesday's shooting are yet to be determined and the investigation is continuing.

anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is urged to contact crime stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report.